Tiledmedia ClearVR products are optimized to deliver the highest possible VR360 or panoramic streaming video quality to VR headsets or tablets. Our ClearVR products are designed to be easily integrated in existing media production and delivery chains from broadcasters, operators and OTT players.
To enable high fidelity ClearVR streaming several components are required to work together. The ClearVR SDK contains the intelligence for high quality VR360 and panoramic streaming in a software library that needs to be integrated into a customer’s streaming application. For our software streaming library to operate, specially packaged containers of VR360 or panoramic video need to be put on a CDN. ClearVR Packager takes as input all the encoded tiles (rectangular pieces of the picture) that make up a source panoramic or VR360 video and outputs those tiles fully packaged for transport to a CDN of the customer’s choice. A suitable encoding chain needs to be in place to create those ’tile streams’. ClearVR Cloud combines this encoding functionality with the ClearVR Packager for customers who do not want to do their own encoding chain. ClearVR Cloud takes as input a stitched VR360 or panoramic video, splits it up in tiles, encodes it and packages it for CDN delivery.
ClearVR SDK works on devices using the existing (hardware) HEVC/H.265 decoder, and the ClearVR Cloud solution can process content in a wide range of formats. The ClearVR Packager can be integrated in existing content processing chains. The following picture illustrates our product portfolio and its place in the media delivery chain.
Tiledmedia supports the following products:
- Clear VR SDK, high fidelity streaming intelligence to integrate with a player application. The ClearVR SDK handles all network and media delivery functions and interfaces with the decoder on the device.
- Clear VR Cloud, one stop shop for processing VR360 or panoramic videos to produce packaged tile streams that are ready to store on any Content Delivery Network.
- ClearVR Packager, our packaging solution for delivery of encoded tile streams to a CDN. Can be integrated with any existing encoding and processing platform for customers who want to build their own ClearVR content processing chain.
Software Development Kit
- Easy integration of 360ᵒ or 2D ClearVR tiled streaming solution into existing applications.
- Existing partners have been able to integrate the SDK in less than a day.
- Choice of high-level API for fast integration and low-level API for detailed customization.
- High-level and low-level API’s can also be mixed for combination of easy integration and fine-grained control.
- Extensive Application Programming Interface (API) documentation
- Reference Source Code of ClearVR integration in a streaming application
- Android Marshmallow 6.0 or higher.
- Unity supported; native OpenGL and Unreal Q4 ‘17.
- PC (Oculus/Vive) supported;
- iOS Q4 ’17;
- Web client Q1 ’18
- 8kp30 monoscopic source or 4kp30 stereoscopic source on Android and PC devices that decode HEVC 4kp30.
- Higher resolutions supported on more powerful devices.
- Multi-layer on the roadmap, allowing zooming without resolution loss
Bandwidth: Typical bandwidth use of ClearVR streaming, depending on source content:
- 4k source (monoscopic): ~5 Mbit/s
- 8k source (monoscopic): ~15Mbit/s
- Stereo or TBE ambisonics carried in (HE-)AAC.
- Other formats on request
- Scales with your business.
- Price per minute ClearVR streaming (4k/6k/8k)
- Affordable fixed yearly license fee for the technology.
- Straightforward encoding and packaging of content via ClearVR Cloud web interface.
- Choose quality and output location, then upload your stitched content.
- Alternatively, work with encoder of your choice. ClearVR tiling integration available for several encoder vendors
- Typical high-quality or uncompressed input for video and audio.
- Includes Prores422, AVC/H.264 Intra, JPEG2000, HEVC/H.265 Intra, and other FFMPEG supported formats.
- Works on any low latency content delivery network.
- Tiled VR-specific delivery optimization on Akamai CDN based on close cooperation with Akamai
- Scales with your business.
- Price per encoded and packaged hour of material (4k, 6k, 8k).
- Choice of several industry standard video encoders.
Custom Packager Integration
- ClearVR Packager can be integrated into your bespoke encoding and processing chain
- Since tile based encoding is relatively new in the industry, please contact us for details.
Also check out our product brochure for more information.